Across all levels of New Zealand’s COVID-19 Alert, it’s Motor Co’s priority to keep our customers, our staff, and the people of New Zealand safe. This is a part of our commitment to excellent customer service, and a part of our dedication to the safety and happiness of our staff.
While Auckland car dealers have not been classified as an essential service, we have kept our ears to the ground as new updates around the pandemic response are released. With Level 4 came the closing of our doors (though not entirely), and now that Alert Level 3 is once again on the horizon we want to make the safety measures we are taking clear to you, our valued customers.
Alert Level 4 Measures
When Alert Level 4 was put in place, we shut our doors to the public according to government protocol. However, despite the obstacles, we were determined to keep delivering amazing service to our customers, so we adapted our approach.
Our wonderful and dedicated staff worked from the safety of their homes, delivering remote consultations, answering questions as they came, and continuing to process pre-approved car finance applications as they came through. We wanted to be there for our customers, and we wanted to keep our staff employed and on the ball.
If Alert Level 4 is ever implemented again in the future, we have a system in place, ready and waiting.
Alert Level 3 Measures
In the interest of keeping everyone who walks through our doors, our staff, and the wider region safe, we will be following the guidelines set out by the World Health Organisation and the NZ Government.
To ensure you can come to our lots with the utmost peace of mind, here are the measures our staff will be taking to ensure your health. Please understand the necessity of these measures in preserving the safety and health of everyone at Motor Co and yourself.
- No handshakes. While we love to greet our customers, we will refrain from shaking hands with anyone until the country is no longer on Alert.
- Practicing physical distancing. Our staff will do their part to remain the requisite two metres apart, and we ask that our customers do the same.
- All frequently touched surfaces will be disinfected with alcohol spray daily. Surfaces like doors, handles, counters, and even our EFTPOS machines will be kept pristine.
- Some staff will be wearing masks. Some of our staff members will opt to wear masks as they work, either to protect their own peace of mind or the family they have at home. We want our staff to feel safe and happy in their workplace and ask that our customers respect their choice to work with PPE.
- Hand sanitisers will be readily available. You may sanitise your hands at any point during your visit, and we will continue to restock until supplies run out.
- All our vehicles will be disinfected with 70% alcohol spray. Prior to all test drives and deliveries, we will ensure our cars are pristine to protect our customers.
- Above all, we ask that everyone be kind. Our staff will be doing their utmost to make your visit as hassle-free as possible, and the kindness of customers will go a long way to achieving this goal.
Alert Level 2 Measures
Moving to Alert Level 2 in Auckland means that we will be able to return to normal service, with some adjustments. You may see that some or all of the measures that we used throughout Level 3 are still in place, as an added precaution.
As the country manages the recent cluster, the Motor Co team would like to extend a big thank you to our customers! In the coming weeks and months, we want to make clear that no matter what Alert Level Auckland finds itself in, we will continue to do our utmost to serve our customers in a way that is safe and responsible.
Stay safe, be kind, be strong. Kia Kaha!
If you have any concerns or queries, you would like to organise a test drive for one of our used cars in Auckland, or you’re applying for car finance, get in touch with us today.